EU funded projects
Strengthening the innovative potential of SNOWDOG Sp. z o.o. by investing in the research and development infrastructure of SNOWDOG Labs
The subject of the project is the development of the R&D department (Snowdog Labs) by investing in research and development infrastructure. The project is based on two types of activities:
- Modernisation and adaptation of office space - separation of SNOWDOG Labs with an area of 110m2 and localization of research and development equipment planned for purchase under the project;
- Purchase of research equipment necessary to develop new products and services (Stand for eye-tracking humanoid robots, Stand for machine learning research, Humanoid robot).
The main goal is to develop the R&D department by investing in research and development infrastructure, enabling the development and introduction of innovative products through:
- development of the R&D department
- acquiring material resources (research equipment) and financial resources (subsidy)
Project value: PLN 696,180.00
Contribution of European Funds: PLN 452,800.00
Development of innovative technology and implementation of a prototype of a system analyzing an image captured digitally using a smartphone
The goal of this project is to conduct research on image recognition technology with a system that analyzes the image of the object captured digitally using a smartphone at Snowdog Sp. z o.o. (LLC). The developed technology will enable rapid product recommendations similar to the photographed item to the user, found in existing databases/websites. For practical reasons, the analysis system should:
- I. Offer recognition accuracy high enough to meet the expectations of the average user,
- II. Operate quickly enough to provide adequate comfort of use (response time in the order of one second),
- III. Implement a critical part of the system's functionality on the user's phone (i.e. whenever possible, avoid sending the image to other services/systems).
The implementation of such a project will provide Snowdog Sp. z o.o. (LLC) a significant competitive advantage, enabling the enterprise to provide their business clients (e.g. owners of online portals offering selected product categories) with unique solutions on a global scale. In turn, for the end users, the developed solution would provide a very convenient and easy-to-use tool to search for products of interest.
The main goal of this project is to increase research activity of Snowdog Sp. z o.o. (LLC) in order to develop an innovative technology for image analysis captured using a smartphone and the introduction of mobile applications using the developed technology on the market, which is part of the regional intelligent specializations of Wielkopolska.
- carry out research (industrial research and development works) aimed at developing image analysis technology;
- complement the interdisciplinary research team;
- development of the company in research activity, gaining new market segments and satisfying the identified market niche and the needs of target customers and users;
- development of technology and concepts for the innovative operation of the product group of mobile applications that use image analysis and recommendation technology.
Impact of the project
- increase in employment in Snowdog Sp. z o.o. (LLC),
- introduction of product innovations,
- introduction of process innovations,
- implementation of the results of R&D work.
Results of conducted research on image recognition technology with a system that analyzes the image of the object captured digitally using a smartphone at Snowdog Sp. z o.o. (LLC) are publicly available below in three reports:
Project value: PLN 733 809.80
Contribution of European Funds: PLN 507 448.00