Royal Canin is an international company producing food for animals. Company’s old e-commerce system needed a change and performance boost. Also, the automatic synchronization with other parts of firm’s system was a must.
The main features that has been implemented are:
- buying from catalog, your own shopping lists, import to cart from CSV,
- fully automatic sync
- accounting documents (order forms, invoices, payments),
- products (content, multimedia, availability),
- clients (data, relations between clients),
- integration with multiple external systems & programs
The main solved problems:
- importing a lot of accounting data into the system (various types, lots of instances, exceptions etc.),
- simultaneous work with outside systems (cart: price calculations from ERP, counting points in customer loyalty programs, accounting for coupons),
- efficiency of the system,
- lots of storage places, small amount of shops (distribution centers),
- limited access to the catalog for various groups of clients belonging to different distribution centers,
- client relations, limitations in visibility of accounting documents and calculations concerning the customer loyalty programs.